ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2014

NANY 2014 Pledge: Progress Bars of Live V2 feature - Zeno's Alarm

(1/2) > >>

mouser:
NANY 2014 Pledge: Zeno's Alarm

Ok, well I am ending up incorporating this into my Progress Bars of Life utility, but this addition will bring that to version 2, so I'm still considering it a NANY.

Download from the main Progress Bars of Life webpage:

* https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/pbolAnyway, so let me tell you what Zeno's Alarm is all about.

Zeno's Paradox (of the Tortoise and Achilles) is a philosophical/mathematical thought experiment concerning the idea that if you always divide up a distance to a goal in half, then no matter how fast you travel the first half, you will always have further to travel... and thus will never arrive at your destination.

Inspired by this, Zeno's Alarm lets you set future events, and it will alert you every time you cover half of the remaining duration.

So where a normal event system would let you set an alarm/alert to tell you when a deadline OCCURS.. Zeno's Alarm is designed to remind you at increasingly frequent intervals as the event approaches.

This might be useful for events when it's important to make sure you don't leave it until the last minute.

As an example:

So if you set an event that is a year away, you'll get your first alert on screen after 182 days, and the next 90 days after that, and then after 45, then 22, then 11, then 5, then 2, then 1 day, then after 12 hours, then after 6 hours, 3 hours, 1.5 hours, 45 minutes, etc.

(you can of course silence the alerts for an event at any time).

Sample alert screenshot:

[/list][/list]

lanux128:
presumably to be used in conjunction with Zeno Clash.. :P

kyrathaba:
Cool!

mouser:
I've updated the first post in the thread to describe what it is and show a screenshot.

mouser:
Screencast video of Progress Bars of Life v2 with Zeno Alert feature:

https://www.donationcoder.com/screencasts/dc/3ds/pbol/pbol.html

Or watch on youtube:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version