ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

AOMEI Backupper FREE + AOMEI Partition Assistant FREE - Mini-Review

<< < (8/12) > >>

tomos:
The resulting image file was 427GB. Again, if all my data is c. 250GB, what's the extra stuff?
-dr_andus (May 03, 2016, 03:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

can you check the C drive and see how full it is (not just data)?

I've used aomei successfully a couple of times now for restoring images.
I always do a new image, always the system backup option as it will catch any mini boot partitions as well.
I never do incremental, just delete older images (I usually try an keep at least two).

Could you figure out how long the backup should take -- using Shade's estimate of 20MB/s ?
Ten hours sounds like an awful long time (sounds far too long to me but I'm not going to do the maths now).

Curt:
They have a sale the coming weekend; 7+8'th of May 2016

The offer prices are not yet revealed, but "up to 65% off for a bundle"
Scroll all down: http://www.backup-utility.com/landing/aomei-weekend-sales.html

tsaint:
AOMEI Pro Backupper ... free for 8 more hours from "now" at http://sharewareonsale.com/s/aomei-backupper-pro-freebie-sale
Main pro advantage seems to be clone image ability

dr_andus:
can you check the C drive and see how full it is (not just data)?-tomos (May 03, 2016, 01:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

The C drive size is 913GB, currently used 189GB. There are also a few partitions:  1GB system, also an HP Recovery drive (D drive), size 15.3GB, used 13.6GB. And there is HP Tools (E drive), size 1.99GB, used 55.6MB.

The size of the disk is 931.51GB.

I've used aomei successfully a couple of times now for restoring images.
I always do a new image, always the system backup option as it will catch any mini boot partitions as well.
I never do incremental, just delete older images (I usually try an keep at least two).-tomos (May 03, 2016, 01:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for sharing that.

Could you figure out how long the backup should take -- using Shade's estimate of 20MB/s ?
Ten hours sounds like an awful long time (sounds far too long to me but I'm not going to do the maths now).
-tomos (May 03, 2016, 01:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, I have backed it up once before, just when I bought it and my other data wasn't on it, using a newer external hard drive with USB 3.0, and I don't remember having any trouble with that. It's just that I wanted to make use of this old 1TB drive that was sitting idle. But maybe I should just get a brand new USB 3.0 drive for this purpose, if it makes such a big difference. 10 hrs is just a pain.

dr_andus:
Thanks for the heads-up.  :up:

AOMEI Pro Backupper ... free for 8 more hours from "now" at http://sharewareonsale.com/s/aomei-backupper-pro-freebie-sale
Main pro advantage seems to be clone image ability
-tsaint (May 03, 2016, 05:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, I note that one of the Pro features is

Faster Speed for Backup & Restore
--- End quote ---

Could this be one of the reasons why my backup was so slow with the Free version?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version