ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > LaunchBar Commander

User directory incorrectly set

<< < (2/4) > >>

mouser:
Ok i can see that both of the config files are saying to load the .mcp from the program files directory.

If you exit LBC, and delete the "LaunchBarCommander.ini" file from each users directory, and then restart LBC, can you see if it works then?

Happy Expat:
Still the Same. Here are the "snaps"

mouser:
Ok let me try to reproduce.

Happy Expat:
I made a quick text edit in the Colin account to force an amendment to be saved.
As can be seen, TFC shows "My First Launch Bar" where Colin shows TFC
TFC was accessed first but no changes made so the config file is/was a virgin.

Happy Expat:
I have made another observation which may (or not) assist in the debugging of the feature.
When a node points to a system folder eg. %MyDocuments% then it would be expected for that node to open the system folder for the currently active LBC Dock.
As part of my testing I have both the Colin  and TFC docks active side by side (in either account - makes no difference) but whichever Dock's virtual "MyDocuments" node is accessed, it always produces the %MyDocuments% folder for the current active user account as opposed to the desired target for the "targeted" user's LBC Dock.
I was actually trying to ascertain whether I could simply have both docks active in the system quickstart tray and then select whichever one I wanted to use according to which account I was logged into.
It makes no difference whether both docks are active side by side or if one of them is minimised.
Don't know if this info helps but somebody once said "information is power". It may save you the effort of testing that aspect for yourself.
Almost forgot 1.138.03 now being utilised.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version