ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2014

N.A.N.Y. 2014 Release: Text Inspection & Manipulation Utility

<< < (4/27) > >>

phitsc:
Seems like .NET 4.0 is the latest version supported by Windows XP SP 3 (download).

TaoPhoenix, if you want you can re-download using the link in the first post and try on your XP machine (if you have SP 3 and .NET 4.0 installed).
-phitsc (December 16, 2013, 10:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah Phit, that looks much better. I haven't actually tested it yet, but it opens and looks "sensible" if you know what I mean aka no horrible bugs etc. (Heh I provide an interesting test case because my comp's OS has gone slightly downhill, and a few "obvious" things don't work on it.)
-TaoPhoenix (December 16, 2013, 02:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for checking!  :Thmbsup:

So I'll pick a day later when I am in my "testing mood" and poke at it. Quick memo for now: under "Web" and then "source" without anything selected, I get:

"Error: The path is not of a legal form."

So I don't know what that means. If you're trying to tell the user that he hasn't entered any data, maybe you can do a quick check and just advise that "the field is blank ... you need to enter a web page address" or something.
--- End quote ---

It expects a URL in the input field. To be honest, I wanted to hold back with help/manual/instructions until someone actually showed some interest. On the other hand, I'm sure I won't know what it expects a month from now so some hints/minimal instructions definitely won't hurt even if I end up being the only one using the application.

But in other news, for "my education", do just say what version of .Net you used that other time - 5.x? So does Windows 7 support that and up etc?
--- End quote ---
The newest version seems to be .NET 4.5

Also, I'm stunned that a 36k application can do all that stuff and still have a GUI on top! How is that even possible!? So that puts a perspective on "today's Bloatware"! (3-18 megs for simple programs, etc. If you did all that in 36k, what are those other programs wasting 18 megs on?!)
--- End quote ---
That's because all the bloat is in the .NET runtime. The download I linked above is 48MB!  :D

DyNama:
Glad you find TIMU useful DyNama. I've implemented some of your suggestions. Hope they work for you.
-phitsc (December 14, 2013, 03:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, very handy! i can take that search string, break it into lines, sort it, then join all the lines back into the search string, now all in the same program! Thanx, phitsc!

phitsc:
I won't have time to work on this any more this year so I'm calling it released.

DeVamp:
This is a nice tool.
I see me using it a lot.

Some first suggestions for manipulations:
- add or remove a certain string to the beginning/end of all lines
- Replace a string with another string
- Remove HTML tags (with keeping the newlines)
- Remove empty lines
- Make the List --> filter case insensitive

/edit
Maybe make it an option : work case sensitive/insensitive

DeVamp:
Some more suggestions:
(taken from an old plugin for Notepad++,but that plugin doesn't works anymore...)

Some functions ask multiple optional parameters. Just see what you can do with it.

All line functions

* ReverseLines(): Reverses the order of all the lines.
* Scramble(): rearranges the lines in random order.
* SetBlanks(int minblank, int maxblank, int threshhold): Changes the number of blank lines between lines.
* SortCase(): Like sort, but case-sensitive.
* Wrap(int columncount, int ignorewords): Adds hard returns to force columns to a certain width.
Per-Line Functions

* AddLineNumbers(string separator, string padchar, int length): Puts the line number on the front of each line, with an optional separator.
* AddLineNumbersOffset(string separator, string padchar, int length, int offset): Puts the line number on the front of each line, with an optional separator.  Offset is the number of the first line.
* BeginLine(string text): Appends text to the beginning of every line.
* CutLeft(int count): Removes count characters from the beginning of each line.
* CutRight(int count): Removes count characters from the end of each line.
* DeleteToTag(string tag): For each line, deletes all characters before first instance of tag
* EndLine(string text): Appends text to the end of every line.
* PadLeft(string padchar, int length): Pads the beginning of each line with padchar to extend the length where necessary
* PadRight(string padchar, int length): Pads the end of each line with padchar to extend the length where necessary
* ShortenLeft(int length): Removes characters from the beginning of each line if the line is too long
* ShortenRight(int length): Removes characters from the end of each line if the line is too long
* SizeLeft(string padchar, int length): Pads or cuts the beginning of each line to make it the exact length
* SizeRight(string padchar, int length): Pads or cuts the end of each line to make it the exact length
* Trim(string badchars): Strips all badchars from the beginning and end of every line.
* TrimLeft(string badchars): Strips all badchars from the beginning of every line.
* TrimRight(string badchars): Strips all badchars from the end of every line.
Deleting Lines

* DeleteDupes(): Deletes any line that is identical to a previous line.
Search and Replace

* Replace(string oldtext, string newtext): Replaces all instances of oldtext with newtext.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version