ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2014

N.A.N.Y. 2014 Release: Text Inspection & Manipulation Utility

<< < (3/27) > >>

phitsc:
hamradio, I'll look into your suggestion as well.

TaoPhoenix:
Hi Phit, once again I am having trouble with the program. This time I'll phrase my support question differently.

Heh using ChrisG's image uploader, look at this screenshot of the "Mega" service - it's listing the program at only 18k zipped! That doesn't sound right - way too small!

http://i.imm.io/1miTx.png

Any advice?

phitsc:
Sorry TaoPhoenix for just ignoring your post. The file sizes you see are actually correct. The zip is 18k the exe is 36k.

Unfortunately, I have no access to a Win XP machine any more. Maybe the .NET version I've built this with is not available for Win XP. I might try to build it against an older .NET version. I'm not using anything fancy in this little tool.

phitsc:
Seems like .NET 4.0 is the latest version supported by Windows XP SP 3 (download).

TaoPhoenix, if you want you can re-download using the link in the first post and try on your XP machine (if you have SP 3 and .NET 4.0 installed).

TaoPhoenix:
Seems like .NET 4.0 is the latest version supported by Windows XP SP 3 (download).

TaoPhoenix, if you want you can re-download using the link in the first post and try on your XP machine (if you have SP 3 and .NET 4.0 installed).
-phitsc (December 16, 2013, 10:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah Phit, that looks much better. I haven't actually tested it yet, but it opens and looks "sensible" if you know what I mean aka no horrible bugs etc. (Heh I provide an interesting test case because my comp's OS has gone slightly downhill, and a few "obvious" things don't work on it.)

So I'll pick a day later when I am in my "testing mood" and poke at it. Quick memo for now: under "Web" and then "source" without anything selected, I get:

"Error: The path is not of a legal form."

So I don't know what that means. If you're trying to tell the user that he hasn't entered any data, maybe you can do a quick check and just advise that "the field is blank ... you need to enter a web page address" or something.

But in other news, for "my education", do just say what version of .Net you used that other time - 5.x? So does Windows 7 support that and up etc?

Also, I'm stunned that a 36k application can do all that stuff and still have a GUI on top! How is that even possible!? So that puts a perspective on "today's Bloatware"! (3-18 megs for simple programs, etc. If you did all that in 36k, what are those other programs wasting 18 megs on?!)

Cheers,

Tao

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version