ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

LG SmartTV monitors your every move - including files on attached USB drives

<< < (3/3)

Stoic Joker:
I'm going to go watch my LG TV in the nude in the hopes that it scars one of their staff for life. :mad:

...And for the late night shift I can do something lascivious with a stuffed panda. :D

4wd:
The story was picked up by the BBC, and by the sound of it this is snowballing pretty quickly...-dr_andus (November 20, 2013, 07:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

Meanwhile in a BBC boardroom ...

CEO: Who was it that allowed that LG Smart TV story to be aired?
PA:   Jameson on the NEWS desk, sir.  Why?
CEO: You do realise that was how we enforced our rather lucrative "TV License", don't you?
       Why have a load of tech people when we can just have the TV report where it is and what's being watched, then send an itemised list with a Infringement Notice?
PA:   So may I assume we now have a vacancy on the NEWS desk?

MilesAhead:
I'm going to go watch my LG TV in the nude in the hopes that it scars one of their staff for life. :mad:

...And for the late night shift I can do something lascivious with a stuffed panda. :D
-Stoic Joker (November 20, 2013, 07:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

The question is, was it stuffed before you got hold of it?   :P

rgdot:

-Stoic Joker (November 20, 2013, 07:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

Best laugh of the week  ;D

:up:

dr_andus:
LG promises update for 'spying' smart TV

Since the issue became public it has emerged that Sony's PlayStation also collects data from every Blu-ray disc that is played.

Samsung, the world's largest TV maker, is yet to respond to questions about its operations.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version