ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Anti-Wikipedia-Beg methods?

(1/2) > >>

TaoPhoenix:
Wiki's begging is getting worse.

Now they're whining in NEON ORANGE "Give us money!!"

But I've tried things like AdBlock and each time I try that type, it crushes more necessary elements. And it's not an "image".

Anyone with ideas? Does it take a Snack?

It's intermittent. I'll chime in later with a screen shot.

4wd:

I don't know if you can block DIV elements in AdBlock but here's the one you want according to Inspector, (Menu->Web Developer->Inspector):

TaoPhoenix:
(see attachment in previous post)
I don't know if you can block DIV elements in AdBlock but here's the one you want according to Inspector, (Menu->Web Developer->Inspector):
-4wd (November 14, 2013, 09:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've tried, on rough attempts it's killed lots of other page elements!

But I'll file your note for a day I want to spend two hours on this!

ReStated, the AdBlock Element rule that quieted this also nuked lots of other important page frames! (Who knew that Wiki had like seven frames?!)

TaoPhoenix:
-4wd (November 14, 2013, 09:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

So I revisited this again.

Wiki is changing the id's on their begs, so in today's version it was already totally different, which would have made adblock useless. So this time I tried blocking all items that call for "display block". So we'll see!

(Note to self - currently done on PaleMoon. FF is left alone for the moment, for scientific comparison goodness! More notes to self. Palemoon might be a good testing ground for new addons, as the "second best" browser, and then I can keep FF proper for only the really good ones. )

mitzevo:
Try Greesemonkey browser extension/plugin (use a regex pattern)  :Thmbsup:

edit: http://userscripts.org/scripts/search?q=wikipedia+donate&submit=

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version