ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Software to use the desktop mic/speakers to talk on Android phone?

(1/3) > >>

superboyac:
I'm not having any luck finding this:
I have an Android phone, and when I'm at home, I want to answer calls and make calls from my desktop pc (Windows).  Is there some kind of hardware/software combination that will allow me to do this?  There are a lot of apps for remote access to the phone, so they can dial the phone...but you still have to put the physical phone to your ear (or use it's speakerphone) for the actual calls.  I want to use the mic on my desktop as the phone (with the speakers or headphones).

Deozaan:
Google Voice?

Or some sort of bluetooth headset thingy?

superboyac:
Hmmm...I've been playing around with Google Voice, but it's not exactly what I want.  I'll explain...

A bluetooth headset connects directly to the phone and you basically talk through the headset using the phone.  I want something a little different.  I want to speak through the mics connected to my computer and hear the other side through the speakers connected to my computer.  Is there such a thing?  I just want the computer to know I have a cell service and the computer is the headset instead of the actual phone.

superboyac:
edit...
I just tried google voice.  Again, if you go on the website with your pc, it will dial a number, but it dials it through your actual android phone.  So I click on dial, then my phone starts ringing, then I use my phone to talk to the other side.  basically, it just dials my phone for me.  big deal.  I want to talk through the computer.

Deozaan:
Sorry, I should have been more clear. I do it all the time using my Google Voice number through Google Talk.

Well, it's actually been renamed to Google Hangouts. But basically, just open up Gmail or Google+ and Hangouts, then make a call to a phone.

Google+/Hangouts:

Software to use the desktop mic/speakers to talk on Android phone?

Gmail/Hangouts:

Software to use the desktop mic/speakers to talk on Android phone? Software to use the desktop mic/speakers to talk on Android phone?

I've been doing this for at least two years. I don't even have phone service most of the time. I just use Google Voice when I'm connected to the internet (even on my Android phone).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version