ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Looking for a seventies music title...

<< < (3/11) > >>

tomos:
^ enjoyed that Curt :-)

I presume with words like pop & whiz, that it was something very poppy?

Curt:
some kind of a non-existing language.  Possibly using also words like pop, whizz, and so forth
--- End quote ---

- TaoPhoenix and the word "possibly" made me think Japanese could be right. However, it was first released already in 1961, so it's probably not the one he's asking for.

MerleOne:
I think it might be a song performed by Jane Birkin and written by Serge Gainsbourg - but I can't remember the title !!!  :D
-joiwind (November 11, 2013, 08:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks but I am 100% sure is was not a JB/SG song.  The performer was much younger I think than JB even at that time.

MerleOne:
I have been struck by a violent nostalgia access and I am currently looking for an old song.  It was sung, in the seventies, as far as I remember, by a young girl, possibly British, and she sang in some kind of a non-existing language.  Possibly using also words like pop, whizz, and so forth.
I'd be most grateful if someone could identify this very unique song.-MerleOne (November 11, 2013, 05:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

Come on, MerleOne, I am certain you can remember just a little more! What year? Was it slow or fast - soft or hard - did they use an accordion, or maybe some drums, or, or?
 :tellme:
I was born in 1957 and the radio was my friend, so just maybe...

-Curt (November 11, 2013, 11:22 AM)
--- End quote ---
Well, the difficulty is that I heard this song less than ten times probably.  What year : I would say sometimes between 70 and 75 (I was 14 that year).  Rather Soft.  I think the music was from a synthetizer (like pop corn, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjxNnqTcHhg) but much softer.  Maybe there was only a guitar. Can't remember about drums, or other instruments, I just recall the very young voice and these strange words.  The melody was, how could I say, very attractive (compelling?): when I heard it I couldn't do anything else, just listen to it.

MerleOne:
^ enjoyed that Curt :-)

I presume with words like pop & whiz, that it was something very poppy?

-tomos (November 11, 2013, 11:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry, I was not clear about that point, I was trying to describe the possible usage of onomatopoeia, but I don't think there was too many of them in that song.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version