ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Looking for a seventies music title...

<< < (2/11) > >>

Ath:
a song performed by Jane Birkin and written by Serge Gainsbourg
-joiwind (November 11, 2013, 08:47 AM)
--- End quote ---
Their most popular, EU-wide IMHO, was Je t'aime (lyrics)

TaoPhoenix:
I'm guessing it might be somebody singing a Breton variant of puirt-a-beul vocalisms (rather than a made up language) - but the date and the fact it was a pop performer have me stumped.
-40hz (November 11, 2013, 07:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not necessarily "Pop Performer" ... "using words like Pop". ("Maybe")

Heh this sounds like a programmer's dream!
"Go Go Music Database Boolean Search!

Give me all 45's from the 70's with female singers in France and UK with Non-Obviously-Identifiable-Language"!

That Language thing really chops it down because it knocks out all the English and French songs. So you for example might not recognize Japanese (on a cross-euro cheap Italian re-issue etc) but say there's 500,000 eligible songs from the 70's on 45
RPM, Non-English Non-French would chop out 490,000 of them!

:)

Curt:
I have been struck by a violent nostalgia access and I am currently looking for an old song.  It was sung, in the seventies, as far as I remember, by a young girl, possibly British, and she sang in some kind of a non-existing language.  Possibly using also words like pop, whizz, and so forth.
I'd be most grateful if someone could identify this very unique song.-MerleOne (November 11, 2013, 05:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

Come on, MerleOne, I am certain you can remember just a little more! What year? Was it slow or fast - soft or hard - did they use an accordion, or maybe some drums, or, or?
 :tellme:
I was born in 1957 and the radio was my friend, so just maybe...

Curt:
My instinct says "Look what they've done to my song" with both English and French lyrics.

No, of course not, it has been played so many times since then that MerleOne would know it.

Hm... what then?

Curt:
L:\PlayList\Sukiyaki - Kyu Sakamoto.mp3

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version