ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Looking for a seventies music title...

(1/11) > >>

MerleOne:
Hi all,

I have been struck by a violent nostalgia access and I am currently looking for an old song.  It was sung, in the seventies, as far as I remember, by a young girl, possibly British, and she sang in some kind of a non-existing language.  Possibly using also words like pop, whizz, and so forth.

I'd be most grateful if someone could identify this very unique song.

Thanks in advance,

Ath:
What country was it released in? Not every song is released/available in every country :-[

MerleOne:
Good point !

One of my sisters brought the 45rpm from either the UK or France.  I am pretty sure it was on the radio in France too but I was around 10 years old at that time.  And of course my sisters don't remember anything about this song.

Thanks !

40hz:
I'm guessing it might be somebody singing a Breton variant of puirt-a-beul vocalisms (rather than a made up language) - but the date and the fact it was a pop performer have me stumped.

If anybody here would know who that is, it probably would be app103. She's the only person I know who is even more into fringe and obscure musicians, instruments, and idioms than I am. ;D

How about it April? You're our resident whiz for this sort of thing. :)

joiwind:
I think it might be a song performed by Jane Birkin and written by Serge Gainsbourg - but I can't remember the title !!!  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version