topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 8:56 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: conflict between Sliding/Auto hide along same edge as system launchbar  (Read 3712 times)

Happy Expat

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
WIN XP(SP3)32bit LBC 1.137.01
System launchbar set to autohide
If the LBC dock is parked at the same edge as the system launchbar and set to reserve space, then both can co-exist.
If LBC is then set to slide, the system launchbar can no longer respond to a "mouseover"
If the LBC "activation zone" was set to be a few pixels clear of the edge and a few pixels wide then it should be possible to "pass through" the LBC activation zone and still find the hot spot for the system launchbar.
I'm convinced I can see the edge of both bars when they are both hidden because there are two distinct "stripes". the outermost being the blue system colour whilst the innermost is the grey "aluminium" of LBC. When the mouse activates LBC then it can be seen to obliterate the blue system "stripe".
I know the workaround is to park them on opposite sides but then again "If I can see 'em I should be able to activate 'em", and, parking things on the right always seems to conflict with resizing windows when they are already close to the bottom/right corner.
If you're thinking of trying something make sure you do it at least twice - then you're almost an expert

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
hmm, you really like to push the envelope dont you :)

I have two workarounds for you:

The first workaround is the one i recommend most -- grab yourself a copy of the latest Beta of LBC, and create a dock that is not full height.  Then you can leave some area to reach the system launchbar.

The second is to take advantage of the fact that LBC ignores corners when it comes time to unhiding a launchbar and use corners to activate your system launchbar.

Happy Expat

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
It's not that I'm pushing the envelope, just making lots of newbie mistakes whilst learning how to use LBC. I can stop drawing things to your attention if you prefer the simple life 8).
I actually prefer the sound of the second option you gave because then I can still have a full allocation of real estate for LBC AND I don't have to remember just how far the LBC dock extends - sexagenarian memory loss, I desperately need some new DIMMs  ;D
If you're thinking of trying something make sure you do it at least twice - then you're almost an expert