ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

YouTube finally forces creation of google+ A/C to comment

<< < (8/15) > >>

dr_andus:
A few months ago,  I bought a Nexus 7 tablet and put both of my Gmail accounts on it.  But the account from which I have logged into PlayStore to buy apps is my first Gmail account.  Well, a few days ago I tried to post a review of an app that I bought and love.  I tried to post it from my main Gmail account, but I was told I had to join Google+ to post a review.  So I switched to the secondary Gmail account, only to be told "you have to install the app before you can review it."  Apparently, even though both Gmail accounts are on the tablet, and both are in my name, only the first account is recognized as having the app
-cyberdiva (January 10, 2014, 10:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hm, I was thinking of doing something similar with a Chromebook I was planning to get. But this now makes me wonder how easy it is to operate with two or more Google/Gmail account identities within one Chrome machine...

Mind you, I'm not on Google+ and neither do I want to get on it.

Deozaan:
It's easy to operate multiple Google/Gmail accounts on one device.

But of course when you buy/install something on the Play Store it is linked to only one account. Otherwise you could put all your friends accounts on your device and buy an app/movie/album and everyone would have free access to it.

wraith808:
And you don't have to have a G+ account to run gmail and such.  They're just adding features as G+ grows in popularity.  Mine was set to circles only already- which was the same setting I had for who could e-mail me from my G+ profile page.  Not sure if it's the same in general.

bit:
^agree with every posted criticism of Google & Youtube, don't use Google or G-mail anymore (use Startpage instead), and don't visit Youtube nearly as much as I used to and absolutely never post anything to it anymore.

Deozaan:
Google is today making a change to Gmail that will further bake in Google+ to its webmail product in a way that’s actually somewhat practical, though also potentially invasive. Going forward, you’ll now be able to directly email your Google+ contacts from Gmail, even if you don’t know their email address. And by default, anyone on Google+ will be able to email you as well, thanks to this new option, if you don’t adjust your settings.-http://techcrunch.com/2014/01/09/new-gmail-feature-allows-anyone-on-google-to-email-you-vice-versa-but-opt-out-is-provided/
--- End quote ---

Actually, it's kind of cool. Now I can get people to email me without giving out my e-mail address and risk them including it in a mass-forwarded-whatever, spreading it out even further into the recesses of the internet for spambots to find.

People who I have already screened (by adding them to my circles) and who want to e-mail me can send me a message without me taking on any risk associated with giving out personal information. And I can easily block them from sending me more messages. What's not to like about that?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version