ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

The Hunt for the Best CMS

<< < (3/7) > >>

crono:
If you need help with Typo3 just let me know...  :)

Carol Haynes:
where's allen!!!
if we all hold hands maybe we can wish real hard and he'll make a custom cms for us :)
-mouser (May 17, 2006, 07:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

Maybe you could offer him a bespoke Cody-mug ;)

Bitwise:
I'd recommend Spip. This is widely used in France but little known elsewhere. For example, the sites of Le Monde, the French Government and the French Post Offic are all Spip-based. It is superb for hierarchical sites (e.g. a magazine divided into sections), is fast and very highly configurable. I have tested out all kinds of CMSes and Blogs (for a blog, by the way, I recommend Pivot www.pivotlog.net - much nicer than WordPress). I nearly decided to use Joomla but when I discovered Spip, I knew that was the one! I've just put my first Spip site online at www.sapphiresteel.com and shall be adding a Spip sub-site to www.bitwisemag.com soon.

You can download Spip from www.spip.net . It has excellent documentation in English (and many other languages).

best wishes
Huw

VSiAQ:
For serious CMS, i think Joomla is good.

For a simple, easy-to-use but powerful CMS, I recommend TextPattern.  :Thmbsup:

housetier:
Well I can recommend drupal. And I can safely recommend it because like every other recommendation it does not meet all the criteria :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version