topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 12:29 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: What keys can't fit in your pant pockets?  (Read 4379 times)

dantheman

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Be good if you can!
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
What keys can't fit in your pant pockets?
« on: November 13, 2013, 08:33 AM »
Don-keys and mon-keys! ha!  :P

BTW, i think i'm giving up on Linux.
No matter which version I've tried, they all have some hick (especially with peripherals).
Windows 7 is just too hard to beat!

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: What keys can't fit in your pant pockets?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 09:49 AM »
Don-keys and mon-keys! ha!  :P

Played more straight up:
Building key, Apt Key, Brother's Building and Co-Op Key, Post Office key, storage locker key, animal totem ring, key to mom's house at home, car key, two bike lock keys, and about five more!
 :tellme:  :)

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 10:23 AM »
Keyser Söze

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 11:49 AM »

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 01:41 PM »
I was thinking "the key to my heart" and "the key to the city."  Of course there's Key Biscayne.  I've been in Miami  since February and I still haven't tried out Biscayne Beach.  Hey!! One way bus ride is $2.25 now!!  :)

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 06:06 PM »
I've been in Miami  since February

Is it still warm down there? Because it's downright cold in central FL right now (I hate winter).

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 06:22 PM »
Keyser Söze

LOL! Awesome! ;D ;D ;D :Thmbsup:

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2013, 10:18 AM »
I've been in Miami  since February

Is it still warm down there? Because it's downright cold in central FL right now (I hate winter).

During the day it tends to get above 70.  But lately there's been a lot of wind.  Thankfully not that much rain to go with it. I think I got one hour sleep last night total.  The wind didn't quit until around 4:30 AM.  Last Feb. there were a few days below freezing. I was hoping to get off the street before the really cold weather came back.  Usually what gives you a leg up is meeting somebody who will help out with small favors.  Let you leave your pack at their place at times, maybe take a shower there, use their address for driver's license etc..  I met a friend like that as she came out to walk dogs every day.  Things were going along pretty well but then her roommate decided to kick her out and she had to go to Jacksonville to live with her mom until she got work.

Anyway, sorry to turn your question into an excuse for a soap opera.  :)

edit: it's just frustrating because stuff that you can do in days or a couple of weeks, like straighten out your driver's license as example, if you have a permanent residence, can take months.  A lot of these guys who go through the alcohol or drug programs don't end up driving a car.  The social outfit buys them a bicycle!!  An uncertain percentage of these guys become purse snatchers on wheels.  You see them whizzing up and down the streets and sidewalks at 3:00 AM looking for people asleep with a backpack or shiny sneakers to swipe.  Once they're on the bike you can't catch 'em.  :)

edit2: I hate Winter too.  I went to LA with a friend when I was 19 or so.  He had family out there.  We stayed a couple of weeks.  I always wanted to get away from freezing temps of Boston to LA.  But I figured FL wasn't a bad second choice.  It has palm trees after all.  :)  The first 20 years weren't so bad.  :)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 10:35 AM by MilesAhead »