ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Capture window menus with autoscroll

(1/2) > >>

Jerome:
I have version 2.14.01.
I tried the new autoscroll feature to capture a long browser window that did not fit on my screen.

It worked fine in both IE and FF except that I cannot figure out how to capture the top of the browser ie its "File/Edit/View..." menu and its "Back/Forward..." buttons below.
I only get the content of the browser without the browser frame  :huh:
Is there a way to capture both at the same time?...
thx for your help

BTW congrats for the new features  ;)

mouser:
there is currently no way to do this.. i'm not quite sure how it could be done either, i'm afraid.

Carol Haynes:
Sorry excuse me - I misread the original ...

Can they no be captured by using the timer to give you a chance to open the menu and then crop?

For example

Jerome:
Thank you for your 2 fast replies !

I've just realized that you cannot do that either in HyperSnap-DX (it just captures the content of the browser, not the menu at the top)
There must a reason why they did not implement it either :P

On second thought, it makes sense that you don't capture the frame since the content goes *beyond* the frame and it may be tricky to render in certain situations (not only browsers)
Dunno if I make myself clear lol

Anyway I could play around with the timer/crop features like suggested.
Not that it's very important. I was just curious ;)
thx again guys

mouser:
carol -
his problem is he is capturing a picture of a web page in a browser that is too big for the screen, so he is using the autoscrolll feature.

but when using autoscroll it only captures the content panel, not the browser titlebar/menubar/statusbar/etc.
so he was asking if there was a way to do an autoscroll capture that also including these decorations of the window.

it's an understantable request but not one easily implemented.

one thing that might be fun to add would be a kind of "simulated window" frame effect, where you could tell screenshot captor to add a simulated window frame with blank titlebar and min/max/close buttons, just as a fun effect.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version