topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 4:17 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Suggestion: Maintain aspect ratio on print -> specified size  (Read 3580 times)

rickowen

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Mouser,

First let me say that except for my text editor, there isn't a tool I use more often that Screenshot Captor.  I even uninstalled a commercial program that the company bought for me because this was so much better.

My suggestion.  When printing a captured screen shot I often want it to be larger or smaller than the default size, but when you go to print->specified size and change the width you have to guess at the height so that you maintain the aspect ratio.  If would be nice if you added another checkbox that (when checked) made the height change automatically when the width changes and vice versa based on the ratio between the two numbers.  You already do it automatically when you scale the graphic to print using "fit to page", so it shouldn't be too hard to do it dynamically when a user specifies the size.

Thanks!!!!!

Rick.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Suggestion: Maintain aspect ratio on print -> specified size
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 01:24 PM »
First let me say that except for my text editor, there isn't a tool I use more often that Screenshot Captor.  I even uninstalled a commercial program that the company bought for me because this was so much better.

now that's what i love to hear :)

you're idea about printing is a very good one; i didn't write the print dialog but i'll bet the author of the printing code will be willing to add this just because it's so obviously the right idea.  i'll pass it along to him right away.