ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Android upgrade ... help ... lost internet page shortcuts

(1/3) > >>

Carol Haynes:
Samsung kindly just upgraded my tablet.

In the process they cleared my Home Screen apart from the standard icins.

I can easily restore my apps but it is particularly annoying that I had a second screen of useful internet shortcuts (which weren't in the shorcuts in my browser). Some are relatively old and unlikeky to be in my browser history.

Anyone got any idea if it is possible to recover these webpage shortcuts?

Ath:
I've seen similar things happen when upgrading my Sony Xperia telephone. Feels like the default storage location for the home screen is changed in some way. A next upgrade, a few months later, made the same thing happen, but seemed to restore the old storage location (some old shortcuts returned...)
Maybe this is related?

Didn't find a solution though, those storage locations, if preserved at all, are in an area only available with root access, and to enable root access you seem to have to wipe all settings first. Ergo: No dice, no cigar  >:(

Carol Haynes:
Oh bum! Thanks for the info though. How annoying. They could at least warn you!

x16wda:
Whenever I have a link I think I might want to look at again, I just email it to my Gmail account. That way I can find it later, plus it makes it easier for both Google and the NSA to find out what I'm up to easily. (Not like there's any way to prevent either from happening!  :P)

4wd:
Would it be worth it to just turn off OTA updates?

Then check manually or wait for notification of an update.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version