ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2014

NANY 2014 Release: Blasteroids

<< < (8/16) > >>

Deozaan:
Asteroid Destroyer is a game I made last year while trying to re-make simple games for the purpose of improving my coding skills. I posted about it here. It seemed finished enough and high enough quality to put on itch.io. While I was fixing it up and preparing it for that purpose I realized that I wanted to take it in a different enough direction that it warranted calling it by another name entirely. And thus Blasteroids was born.

skwire:
I just tried this and think it's really well done.  I love the smooth graphics and explosions.  I also like the fact that there's an extra challenge because the explosions can hide an oncoming asteroid fragment.  Really nicely done, Deo.   :Thmbsup:

Deozaan:
Thank you. :)

I've been making some other improvements, but will likely hold out on making any updated public builds until the final release. But a few of the more notable improvements are:

* Asteroids now appear to wrap around the world more smoothly, rather than suddenly teleporting to the other side.
* Fixed a significant performance problem that greatly affected the frame rate on lower end devices when spawning asteroids.

tomos:
I just tried this and think it's really well done.  I love the smooth graphics and explosions.  I also like the fact that there's an extra challenge because the explosions can hide an oncoming asteroid fragment.  Really nicely done, Deo.   :Thmbsup:
-skwire (December 27, 2013, 02:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

+1 to all this - I've really enjoyed playing this game :up:

Deozaan:
I've just updated the original post with the final NANY release.

I couldn't attach the files to the forum because they are too large, so they are hosted on the game's itch.io page.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version