ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2014

NANY 2014 Release: Blasteroids

<< < (5/16) > >>

tomos:
How will that work?
-Deozaan (November 21, 2013, 02:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've no idea. You're the coder/gamer/designer :D :P
I can see that it might be problematic - you cant 'steal' simple mouse movements I guess.
There may be other ways of implementing?
Possibly a bit complex:
Mouse + two keys (say Ctrl+Appskey) = Fire
Mouse + one of the above keys (Ctrl) = Rotate
-
that's problematic too I guess...

Gamewise, as said above, the union of the two is problematic imo. But maybe I should just look at it as a challenge!

Maybe also the option to use Left/right-arrows to rotate - that might be good -
Plus another key to shoot. That could be the keyboard alternative to the mouse.
EDIT// and eventually we could move (?) with the spacebar...

Deozaan:
I think that having to press 2 buttons as well as move the mouse will just be too confusing. I think what I'll do also allow you to press the spacebar to aim+shoot. Wherever the mouse cursor is pointing is where you'll turn to shoot.

tomos:
I think that having to press 2 buttons as well as move the mouse will just be too confusing.
-Deozaan (November 26, 2013, 04:45 AM)
--- End quote ---
-
yes, I agree

I think what I'll do also allow you to press the spacebar to aim+shoot. Wherever the mouse cursor is pointing is where you'll turn to shoot.
-Deozaan (November 26, 2013, 04:45 AM)
--- End quote ---
-
the spacebar + mouse sounds good :up:

mouser:
What about simple impulse movement using cursor keys (up, down, left, right)?  That wouldn't be hard for player to do while aiming and shooting.

Deozaan:
What about simple impulse movement using cursor keys (up, down, left, right)?  That wouldn't be hard for player to do while aiming and shooting.
-mouser (November 26, 2013, 06:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm planning on making this game available for Android, too. Which means I'd like to keep the controls simple enough to use on a touch screen. Personally I'm not a fan of those virtual joysticks. They're hard to use properly without the tactile feedback an actual joystick provides.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version