ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

CryptoLocker and CryptoPrevent

<< < (3/6) > >>

tomos:
Is this CryptoPrevent safe -and advisable- from this source?
-bit (November 19, 2013, 09:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

I ran an older version from that site (under file properties it says product version is 3.01) on Win7 & Win8 machines, and havent had any problems with anything.
The version I used allowed whitelisting - it looks like the newer version doesnt. Guess I should update it...

EDIT//
Updated from within the app. The interface/process works very well (requested to reapply the settings - which I did; have yet to reboot).

paulobrabo:
There's also the beta version of HitmanPro.Alert with Cryptoguard.

http://www.surfright.nl/en/cryptoguard

HitmanPro.Alert 2.5 contains a new feature, called CryptoGuard that monitors your file system for suspicious operations. When suspicious behavior is detected, the malicious code is neutralized and your files remain safe from harm.

CryptoGuard works silently in the background at the file system level, keeping track of processes modifying your personal files. CryptoGuard works autonomously, so no user interaction is required.

CryptoGuard works at the file system level and does not conflict with full disk encryption software like BitLocker, Sophos SafeGuard or TrueCrypt.
--- End quote ---

Free! I've installed this on my father's PC...  ;D and now it's on mine too  :Thmbsup:

tomos:
There's also the beta version of HitmanPro.Alert with Cryptoguard.
[...]
Free! I've installed this on my father's PC...  ;D and now it's on mine too  :Thmbsup:
-paulobrabo (November 20, 2013, 09:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

does that work okay with your anti-virus? - which anti-virus?
Sounds like you dont have HitmanPro anti-malware installed as well (?)
TIA :-)

paulobrabo:

does that work okay with your anti-virus? - which anti-virus?
Sounds like you dont have HitmanPro anti-malware installed as well (?)
TIA :-)
-tomos (November 20, 2013, 09:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

No, no HitmanPro anti-malware here, only the free .Alert thingie with Cryptolocker prevention. And yes, it works flawlessly with my Avast 2014 Free!

bit:
Thank you everyone.
Do I have to get the paid version of HitmanPro?
I think it was 39 Euros per year.
Or is the HitmanPro.Alert with Cryptoguard free?
If free, I wonder if it will run updates.

Or should I just get CryptoPrevent for $15 ($10 off reg. $25) one-time fee.

I just got Malwarebytes.

I already have Norton 360 Premier Edition, but couldn't get confirmation that it protects against CryptoLocker.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version