ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Musician Lou Reed has died

<< < (3/3)

Tuxman:
edit// there's actually a couple of really nice tracks (imo) on ^that album "Another View"
-tomos (October 29, 2013, 03:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, but also a lot of boring stuff ("Andy's Chest", "Coney Island Steeplechase", ...). Late VU didn't want to provoke anyone anymore. (Good thing everyone forgot "Squeeze", although I like "Louise" on this one more than some of late '69s Velvets music.)

(Random fact: The last studio recording all four Velvets did together was "I'm Not" from Moe's '91 solo album; finally something that reminded of their 60s work.)

tomos:
edit// there's actually a couple of really nice tracks (imo) on ^that album "Another View"
-tomos (October 29, 2013, 03:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, but also a lot of boring stuff ("Andy's Chest", "Coney Island Steeplechase", ...).-Tuxman (October 29, 2013, 05:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

yes, "a couple" leaves out, by definition, most of the tracks ;)
But obviously - seeing as I posted it - I didnt and dont find Coney Island Steeplechase boring. It is a minor track, but for me it was an ohrworm and a pleasure to find again. YMOV ('O' for obviously).

40hz:
PBS featured Lou Reed in one of its American Masters episodes (link here).

It was rebroadcast on Halloween. But seeing as we're moving into another one of PBS's interminable holiday "membership drive" seasons, it's bound to be rebroadcast again in the near future.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version