ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2014

N.A.N.Y. 2014 Submission: sumatra_earmarks

<< < (2/7) > >>

ewemoa:
Some quick results with v131028:

* full page numbers are seen via the "list of earmarks" window :) - still want a screenshot of old version in action?
* earmark box now appears to the left of the scrollbox :up:
In my brief testing I noticed that clicking (left and right, and whether blue or grey) no longer toggles the earmark here -- though the shortcut key still works.

Haven't tried the customizing of the shortcut keys yet (hope to soon), but thanks for working on it!

What do you think about providing a sample shortcut key configuration file (to be renamed by user)?  Perhaps this might be useful because: 1) presumably the example would be one that worked, and 2) may be it might be easier for people to modify something than to create from scratch.

I neglected to mention that I'm trying via VirtualBox 4.3.x and SumatraPDF 2.3.2.

kyrathaba:
Nice idea!

Nod5:
v131029 reworked grid code; show current page below grid
v131029b easier hotkey customization

ewemoa: I reworked the grid code. Does the grid look on your system like in the (new) example image on the download page?
edit: clicking customize hotkeys in tray menu now autogenerates the .ini and opens it with instructions and example included.

kyrathaba: thanks!

ewemoa:
Some quick feedback for v1310129b (fresh install):

* So far control-right-clicking on the earmark box doesn't lead to a grid window appearing -- any chance of a (non-mouse-involved) hotkey to invoke this functionality?
* RIght clicking the earmark box hasn't toggled the earmark box state yet (both left and right clicking do make the box display grey temporarily before reverting) -- should it?
* Customizing of hotkeys via modifying the generated ini file works with a subsequent S_E restart -- how does the idea of an option to reload earmarks via its tray menu sound (or perhaps some kind of auto reloading based on ini file change...)?

Nod5:
- I have no clue why neither the ctrl+rclick nor rclick commands works on your system. I see no problem in the code. I hope someone with a non-virtualbox Windows jumps in and test runs it too. That way we'll see if the issues are virtualbox-specific.
- a grid hotkey wouldn't be of use since the grid will need a mouse click to jump to an earmark anyway (no way to key navigate with the grid construction I've used).
- Simply restarting S_E takes about as many/few clicks as clicking one more extra tray command. So I'll keep it as is.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version