ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

Bvckup 2 is in open beta !

<< < (14/20) > >>

Armando:
>I tested it against a 1.5 million file backup and it kept within about 300 Megs.  

Amazing improvement. Congrats!
Here, the app keeps my desktop and server "in sync", fast, reliably and unobtrusively. Update went without a hitch.
 :Thmbsup:

apankrat:
I just wanted to say I just picked up your program and this probably the best gem I've found on the internet. Incredible UI and exactly what I was looking for! Thanks for developing and keep it up. :)
Just one question: When released, do I need to buy a license for every computer I want to backup? Currently Beta testing with a family of 5. :P
-KirovAir (February 19, 2014, 03:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks, really happy to hear all of that :)

It is licensed per seat, correct, however there are progressive volume discounts - it keeps track how many licenses one has bought so far and discounts the next one appropriately (so the total amount paid wouldn't depend on whether you get 2 now and 3 later or all 5 at once).

>I tested it against a 1.5 million file backup and it kept within about 300 Megs. 

Amazing improvement. Congrats!
Here, the app keeps my desktop and server "in sync", fast, reliably and unobtrusively. Update went without a hitch.
 :Thmbsup:
-Armando (February 20, 2014, 11:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

Aye. I am running out of things to fix, damn it :)

apankrat:
Bump.

I just released Beta 65, which is a the release candidate for the production version.

All in all, I'd say this was a damn good beta -

* 11 months in total, 5 - in public beta
* 65 releases
* 140,000 lines of code
* 700 git commits
* 300+ forum threads
* 1000+ support emails
* Over 10K downloads
If you are using betas and planning to moving to the production release, make sure to grab a beta license in the next few days. This will be your 50% off coupon for the license.

And if you haven't checked Bvckup 2 out yet, now might be a very good time to do so - http://bvckup2.com ;)

PS. As I must've mentioned before, for those not wanting to update to the production version, the latest beta will remain perpetually available and I am planning to back-port critical fixes to it.

Jibz:
Just to let you know, I updated from beta 64 to 65, and the flickering seems to be fixed now :Thmbsup:.

apankrat:
Bump.

Just released the final beta. Next release is a production version.

http://bvckup2.com/beta/#!/topic/356

PS. Do things take 10x longer than planned with you guys too or am I the odd one out? Damn. I thought I could get it completed in 2-3 months, but it's closing in on 2 years now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version