ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How to avoid creating/using a Microsoft Account when upgrading to Win 8.1

<< < (3/6) > >>

ewemoa:
Of course this is not wholly on topic but ... please Linux people fix various Linux wifi issues so that I can dump Windows even more quickly.
-rgdot (October 21, 2013, 05:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

What's the issues?
-Edvard (October 21, 2013, 07:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, what are the issues?

rgdot:
Thanks. Some cards (especially RealTek) don't play well. Intermittent, random disconnects. There are 1000s of thread just on linuxmint.com and ubuntuforums.org forums. I have tried some tweaks like wireless card power management, etc.

This is is my unanswered post there posted few months ago http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=141939

Look at that forum if you want, there are many similar ones, some solved somehow, many not.

If there are any ideas we can split this off to new thread.

ewemoa:
Some cards (especially RealTek) don't play well. Intermittent, random disconnects.

If there are any ideas we can split this off to new thread.
-rgdot (October 22, 2013, 12:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

One idea is to investigate the following:

Wireless section of a page for a Lenovo machine with Realtek RTL8188CE

tomos:
mouser (or anyone else with the capability), can you split off the last three posts to a new thread?

Curt:
How did you get hold of 8.1 to begin with? I thought one had to have a Microsoft account to obtain the upgrade.-cranioscopical (October 21, 2013, 04:50 PM)
--- End quote ---
It's on page 1 of Metro Shopping in Windows 8-Stoic Joker (October 21, 2013, 04:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

is it only visitable via Win 8, or can I have a link, please?

I have a licensed Win 8 installer, but am still running Win 7.

or should I stay away?

Windows 8.1...-Darwin in "So-called upgrades that ruin good programs" (October 22, 2013, 08:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version