ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Core Internet Institutions Abandon US Government

<< < (4/5) > >>

IainB:
^^ Wot U said about the ITU. Yes, 100% agree.

Stoic Joker:
Tech Dirt weighs in on the topic:

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20131014/08210124863/key-internet-institutions-ditch-us-leadership-brazil-to-host-global-summit-to-draw-up-new-governance-model.shtml

Always worth reading Tech Dirt, so no point in posting a quote.
-Renegade (October 15, 2013, 02:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

Then I will, because this quote should be posted on billboards from 'Sea to Shining Sea':
And before anyone tries to blame this latest development on Snowden, let's be clear that the problem is not that this activity has been revealed, but that the NSA was doing it in the first place.
--- End quote ---

Vurbal:
The Tech Dirt article has one mention of the ITU in passing. THOSE are some of the people that have no businesses whatsoever being anywhere near any of this. They are dangerous. No good can come from them having ANY involvement. Even for them to be spectators is too much. Did I mention I loathe the ITU? ;)
-Renegade (October 15, 2013, 06:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

You'd be hard pressed to find anything to generate more consensus than hating the ITU. Last year they managed to get basically every politician in the nominally free world holding hands and singing Kumbayah. When the Democrat in the White House is in complete agreement with the Republicans in Congress who are marching in lock step with pretty much every elected official in every country that's even marginally our ally you know the people who brought them together are some world class scumbags.

Renegade:
hating the ITU-Vurbal (October 15, 2013, 09:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

What you should be asking is whether it's time to put the ITU out to pasture.
--- End quote ---

Yes. Unceremoniously. Bullet to the back of the head. Or in the face. Or maybe bludgeoned with a shovel so as to not waste ammunition. In the back fields. Where the stench of the rotting carcass won't bother anyone. And the wildlife can have a free meal. Don't use the shovel to dig a hole - there are hungry animals to be fed. See? It's charity! ;D :P 8)

When the Democrat in the White House is in complete agreement with the Republicans in Congress who are marching in lock step with pretty much every elected official in every country that's even marginally our ally you know the people who brought them together are some world class scumbags.
-Vurbal (October 15, 2013, 09:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

:Thmbsup:

Vurbal:
hating the ITU-Vurbal (October 15, 2013, 09:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

What you should be asking is whether it's time to put the ITU out to pasture.
--- End quote ---

Yes. Unceremoniously. Bullet to the back of the head. Or in the face. Or maybe bludgeoned with a shovel so as to not waste ammunition. In the back fields. Where the stench of the rotting carcass won't bother anyone. And the wildlife can have a free meal. Don't use the shovel to dig a hole - there are hungry animals to be fed. See? It's charity! ;D :P 8) -Renegade (October 15, 2013, 10:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think you're being a little too easy on them but I'm not sure you could be harsh enough without sucking the Internet into the resulting singularity of anger and malice.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version