topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 5:21 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: How to change an html script usingc "list" to instead pull the ites from a folde  (Read 2541 times)

questorfla

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
  • Fighting Slime all the Time
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I have a scrolling display for some photos that currently is set to have a separate entry coded for each item displayed.  There are only 20 or so.  But the true list is closer to 100 photos.  I already have the section laid out and space allotted for but I need a way to pull those photos as random from a folder full of them (one that will get fuller over time) and scroll them in a vertical display with one going off the top as the next scrolls up from the bottom.  I am also not averse to the possibility of fading one out and another in.  I may have see a Flash script somewhere to do that as well.

It would be nice if I could assign two variables $a and $b to two of therandom photos which would begin the scroll.  $b which would move in to replace $a.  And then $a get replaced with a  new random photo which would itself push $b off the top as it scrolled up.  This would be repeated indefinitely is what I need.

Seemed easy when I thought of it but not so easy in practice.  I am missing something the the part that assigns the variables a photo a think.
Thanks for any help.

alfredmarshall

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hello,
Here is a brief answer to yuor question that the <defaultDocument> element allows you to enable or disable default document behavior for your Web site or application. This element contains a <files> child element, which contains a collection of <add> elements. Each <add> element defines the default documents that the site or application will return to a client browser when the site receives a request to the root directory.

questorfla

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
  • Fighting Slime all the Time
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
that is a new one to me.  I am definitely not a website builder.  I am just trying to modify what is there to meet our current needs.
Thanks for the input.  I will look up the command usage and see if I can use it. 

I have too many things going on at once right now and this is just part of it.  the others are harder.
But I think I have them posted elsewhere on here and I see light at the end of the tunnel.  (Just hope it isn't the train :)