topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 1:18 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: I'm Looking for a good Video Conversion app,must be able to convert real media  (Read 4400 times)

tinyvillager

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I'm on the hunt for a good video conversion app.It's a must that it converts real media to other formats.
It's a must the app have a decent user interface.It doesn't have to be freeware but at least be within a $40 price range.On a side note i pretty much have conversion software for every format possible,but real video.
I just hate the ideal of buying a one trick pony though.

If anyone has any insights,not just what to go after but what to stay a thousand miles away from,it
would be helpful.

Thank you.   

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I have used WinAVI Video Converter quite successfully to convert RealMedia files into other formats.

From the help file:

About WinAVI Video Converter

Powerful Video Converting software!
WinAVI Video Converter is an incredibly powerful and effective converting software program. It can convert video files from various formats with great stability. The possibilities are nearly endless with AVI, MPEG1/2/4, VCD/SVCD/DVD, DivX, XVid, ASF, WMV and even RM support and others. Also, it can support batch video files conversion of different video formats such as DVD, AVI, ASP, MOV, SWF, MPEG1, and MPEG2 all at the same time. In addition, WinAVI Video Converter can burn to VCD/SVCD/DVD. And best of all, it has a powerful video decompress/compress engine that can convert a whole AVI movie to DVD in just 90 minutes.

Easy to use
The interface of WinAVI Video Converter has been designed to be user-friendly and can be easily operated by anyone. All a user needs to do is click on the menu and all the options of the program are available to you. All conversions can be done easily and smoothly. WinAVI Video Converter is easy to use for the beginner as well as having advanced functions for the professional user. You can start to use it now and receive unlimited enjoyment from your digital life.

There are a few prerequisites (RealAlternative etc) so read the readme file for details.

I also found the author responsive when I had a problem ... the answer may be of use to you too ...

Here is my email correspondence:

> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Carol Haynes" <[email protected]>
> To: <[email protected]>
> Sent: Saturday, October 08, 2005 10:28 PM
> Subject: Form Post From Mozilla
>
>
> NAME=Carol Haynes
> [email protected]
> SUB=Weblink page missing
> DESCRIPTION=I have just downloaded WinAVI for a trail and clicked on
> RM on the main window.
>
> I get an error message which says: "No proper encode engine, do you
> want to download it now".
>
> If I click yes it goes to your website but the URL is unknown. The URL given
> is     http://www.winavi.co...ownload/HelixSDK.exe
>
> Could you point me to the correct page please.

Dear Carol Haynes
Thanks for your support of our software and your kindness cooperation! So sorry for the inconvenient what the product has given to you! Please install the HelixSDK from http://download.winavi.com/HelixSDK.exe and before you install it,please first
set a folder named for HelixSDK under \\WinAVI directory.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Take touch!
Sincerely!
Sunny!

Customer Service Dept.
---------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 09:26 AM by Carol Haynes »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Don't seem to be able to download eo - the download pages are broken (at least I can't get anything other than an error). Looks quite good though.