ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Yay! I've got the old style of Gmail Compose back - in Firefox!

<< < (2/2)

IainB:
also featured in Lifehacker, there is another add-on which automates the UA trick called 'Old Compose'.
• http://lifehacker.com/hate-gmails-new-compose-window-old-compose-brings-the-1308260149
-lanux128 (September 30, 2013, 11:58 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, thanks for getting that link. I referred to the Chrome/Chromium extension in my opening post, but I had not trialled it. Actually, I went to trial it before making the post, but then abandoned it when I read:
...Old Compose is free, but it requires you to share the link on Twitter or Facebook before you get the download. ...

--- End quote ---
Not with a 10-foot bargepole.

IainB:
Many thanks, IainB!  I thought I'd pretty much reconciled myself to using the ugly, annoying new style until I read your message, downloaded the add-on, and tried it out.  What a pleasure!   
-cyberdiva (September 30, 2013, 11:25 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, I was dee-lighted about it too.    :)

lanux128:
Yes, thanks for getting that link. I referred to the Chrome/Chromium extension in my opening post, but I had not trialled it. Actually, I went to trial it before making the post, but then abandoned it when I read:
...Old Compose is free, but it requires you to share the link on Twitter or Facebook before you get the download. ...

--- End quote ---
Not with a 10-foot bargepole.-IainB (October 01, 2013, 04:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

that article on LH must be outdated because now they also require an email address to download.. ;D

Spoiler

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version