ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Too Funny

<< < (2/3) > >>

f0dder:
Wow, sorry for commenting  :-\

Rover:
I can absolutely believe the story is true in core facts, if not this rendition.  How many times have tried to turn on a light to find your flashlight when the power is out?  It's just one of those things you take for granted.

I had a friend ask for some help installing a new modem.  She couldn't get it working, so I suggested she download the latest drivers from the Internet.  She said, "good idea, I'll try that tonight."  It wasn't until she started trying to find the site, that she realized the new modem was her connection to the internet.  I knew that and didn't catch it myself until she told me. D'oh!  :-[ You take things for granted all the time.   :P

I've also had some help desk experience ... until you've worked one, you cannot believe how silly users can be.

f0dder:
Well, I know several people who have worked at helpdesks. And I've once sat myself with quite a puzzled expression on my face when I realized I couldn't attach physical objects to an email (yeah, that was one EARLY morning).

I prefer the helpdesk story about the user who couldn't insert disk #2... because he hadn't taken out disk #1 first :)

nudone:
this little story is true i'm ashamed to say...

i have a relative, don't see her much but a few years ago she bought a computer - probably a 486.

she heard about 'worms' infecting computers - she thought this meant real life tiny worms crawling through the modem cables and getting inside the case.

i heard from someone else that knew her that she also squeezed washing up detergent into the floppy drive - not entirely sure why she did this but i guess it was to make the floppy disk work???

i hate to imagine what other stories could be told about her.

Carol Haynes:
I knew someone once who folded a 5.25" floppy 'cos it dodn't fit in the 3.5" drive  :tellme:.

It isn't made up - I had to take the thing apart to extract the offending item.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version