ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Launch, stay open and continue searching

<< < (3/3)

Filipe Meira Castro:
Hi Mouser,

This is an old topic, but the "Launch, stay open and continue searching" is something that could be really handy when searching multiple document of one topic/keyword.

I understand it might be difficult to implement and was thinking of some "Workaround" or way to make it easier to improve here.

Whenever we have a result and the user clicks an item, FARR stops populating results - This is what is happening now and I guess it might be because the user can then trigger the context menu and would also be annoying to have the selection being moved all the time.

So a workaround solution, would be to have the searched "Paused" or just running in a different thread when the user has selected something, but as soon as an action is triggered or the user selects the search field again, the search could resume or the background tread able to put the newly found item in the list!

Doable challenge?! :D

Nod5:
Another small wrinkle related to the current launch and stay open option: FARR moves focus to the searchbox, instead of keeping focus at the line of the result that was launched.

Here is an AutoHotkey script that somewhat works around both issues. Somewhat since it only works when launching a result that points to file/folder path (not a complex alias result that launches multiple files, passes parameters or other extras). I imagine the script might also fail to keep focus in some situations, depending on how long it takes for the launched file to open in the default app for that extension.

--- Code: Autohotkey ---#NoEnvSendMode InputSetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%#SingleInstance forceSetBatchLines, -1SetWinDelay, -1SetControlDelay, -1 ; FARR helper script to launch a file and continue search and keep focus in results list ; 2020-04-27 by Nod5 ; Hotkey: Alt+Enter ; - launches the selected FARR result (a file or folder); - FARR continues searching; - FARR stays open and keeps its focus in the results window ; note: does nothing if the selected result is not an existing file/folder.; In other words does nothing if the result is an complex alias result. #IfWinActive, ahk_exe FindAndRunRobot.exe!Enter::  ; only react if user has focused FARR results list  ControlGetFocus, vFocusControl, A  if (vFocusControl != "TNextGrid1")    Return  ; get FARR window handle  vHwnd := WinExist("A")  ; use ctrl+C to get the path to selected file in FARR results  ; note: only works if result is a path to a single file (not a complex alias result)  clip := ClipToVar()  If !FileExist(clip)    Return  ; run the file  Run % clip  ; keep the FARR window active  While WinActive("ahk_id " vHwnd) and (A_Index < 100)    sleep 10  WinActivate, % "ahk_id " vHwndReturn#IfWinActive ;function: copy selection to clipboard to variableClipToVar() {  cliptemp := clipboardall ;backup  clipboard =   send ^c  clipwait, 1  clip := clipboard  clipboard := cliptemp    ;restore  return clip}

mouser:
I'll see how easy it would be for me to add an option for this. Maybe it's no big deal.

Filipe Meira Castro:
 :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version