ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2014

The NANY Retrospective Thread

<< < (2/5) > >>

worstje:
JottiQ has pretty much fallen into non-development. There was a guy who donated  :-* and asked for a feature I sadly couldn't deliver on. :-( In the end, I consider JottiQ feature-complete; most of the things people want are stuff that has to happen on the server end that I do not control. :-)

Cautomaton never really had users to my knowledge. Except mouser maybe; I recall he added support or a template or something in one of his robots, so maybe it had more use than I've come to hear about. :-)

All my other apps were 3-4 day hackfests that never got released because I started too late :tellme: and later on lost interest in finishing them. Ah well. Maybe this year!

TaoPhoenix:

I got the misc distinction of carving out a niche in the rules whereby you could be a flighty humanities type and still get into nany ... if the app was custom produced and never released anywhere else. And one day when I get more funding I'll do another one.

I lost the source code to my PGN chess moves processor though, so it's now kinda officially EOL. However, it marks an interesting phase in my personality - it must right be at the cusp of the last year when I had hope that computers were cool and not NSA spy tools!
:o  - the Matrix and C64 themes make me giggle.

But for the core purpose, it does what it does - I hauled it out a few months ago to smash out a few pages of game moves to take to the bar again. Total processing time was 15 min flat! So I'm satisfied.

app103:
I am still using my Lacuna Launcher, religiously.

And a new PC means that I am back to using Popup Cody.  :-*

And I have never stopped using Trout. In fact, it's playing right this minute.  :D

And I have a whole slew of ideas for this year, and a lot of them are more than doable, so you WILL see something new from me for this year's NANY.  :)

Oh, and it's kind of chilly here right now, so I am wearing my NANY2009 jacket, trying to stay warm.

wraith808:
I've had some hits and some misses.

* Skyrim Character Manager has by far been my biggest success, both personally and with the users.  Unfortunately, I haven't been as timely as I should have been, or it would be even more popular.
* AutoFTP has been my second, even to the point that someone tried to usurp the software and sell it and steal the name.
* XLDataAnalyzer was only really used by the person I made it for to my knowledge
* Swoopo changed their interface, and then went out of business, so SwoopoSpy never found any use other than for me to my knowledge.
* I never went any further with WordCaster- a few people asked me to update it, but I never got around to it, unfortunately.
* Desktop URL Embed was the most surprising.  It was a last minute thing, and I just didn't want to let NANY down.  But it was the one that was actually featured on a few sites, and it was the simplest to do.

Renegade:
Hahaha! Yep - that about sums up my submissions.
-Renegade (September 17, 2013, 01:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ditto minus the interesting history bit ;)
-ewemoa (September 17, 2013, 01:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ooops. Yep - minus the interesting history for me too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version