ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2014

The NANY Retrospective Thread

(1/5) > >>

mouser:
Hard to believe that there have now been seven (7) previous NANY events.  That's seven years that some of us having been writing new applications to celebrate the new year.  Crazy.  Time goes by so quickly.

I thought maybe we could have a thread where some of us coders who have participated in NANY could look back at our previous entries and comment on them.. Most NANY apps didn't have much of a life beyond the event, but i know a few have had an interesting history..

If you participated in a past year's NANY event, post a reply and talk about your past entries and what you learned, etc..

hamradio:
My NANY 2008 Entry was: Coin Jar Calculator @ Forum Topic

It's still going great.  I have had at least one asking about buying the domain name alone recently.  It was also a "Cool Site of the Day" in 2011 for The Kim Komando Show on their website.  Every so often new users will decide to leave a comment in the comment system saying how it did for them and when did right it seems to do great. :)  It's the only one of the ones I have did that I will comment on in this thread at the moment. :)

mouser:
To this day i enjoy reading the comments that people leave on your coincalc.com website.

It goes to show how a nice focused web app can be a lasting source of use.

Renegade:
Most NANY apps didn't have much of a life beyond the event, but i know a few have had an interesting history..
-mouser (September 16, 2013, 11:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hahaha! Yep - that about sums up my submissions. A few had some nice comments, but that's about all. It was still fun though.

I was always paranoid about not being able to finish something, so I never "pledged" until I had something done. :D

ewemoa:
Hahaha! Yep - that about sums up my submissions.
-Renegade (September 17, 2013, 01:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ditto minus the interesting history bit ;)

Learned a fair bit which unexpectedly turned out be useful later and had fun though  :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version