ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

typing in web browser makes it freeze

(1/4) > >>

nite_monkey:
Im running windows 7 x64. I have ie10 and chrome 29.0.1547.66 m. Ive scanned my computer with mse and malwarebytes, neither found anything. Whenever I try to type anything into chrome's adress bar, or in a text box in chrome or ie, the browser will lock up, and I have to force close it. I can however type in ie's address bar without it locking up, but if I try to type in a text box on a webpage, it locks up. I figured, maybe it was my keyboard, so I unplugged it, and tryed using my drawing tablet with the onscreen keyboard. Same result. I dont have any other browsers, so I cant try them, but I can type in windows Explorer and notepad perfectly fine. Any idea what is causing this? (Ps. Typing all this on an android tablet takes forever)

Edit: upon further inspection, I have figured out that it isnt just text boxes, I just have to have the web browser the active window, and as soon as I hit anything on my keyboard, it locks up

TaoPhoenix:
Not sure, but I was having similar problems with FF a while back. It came and went as a problem with upgrades. How many versions of Chrome has this been true for?

lanux128:
try toggling 'hardware acceleration' within the browser, i'm not sure what it's called in Chrome.

nite_monkey:
Ive been running this version of chrome for a little while now, and it just started happening. I looked under the chrome flags page for hardware aceleration, but I couldnt really find anything. I almost think it might not be chrome or ie, because when I tried to log into my origin account, it froze as soon as I typed one letter.

lanux128:
launch IE in safe mode and see if the problem goes away.. might be flash update gone hay-wire.

also check out your event log to see if there is any error events.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version