I have spent the last couple of days clean installing Windows and software applications.
I am astonished to see how much disc space I have got installed ...
So far the installation takes up 23.9Gb of disc space. That includes 512Mb of page file but there is no hibernation file and no data (except a few temporary files) as all the data is stored on a separate hard disc. Not finished by any means though ... (note lack of DC stuff at the mo, for example - no slight intended just haven't got that far yet) ...
The odd thing is I haven't install huge numbers of programs, but they have all been full installs when I have had the option, so I could have saved some space on clipart etc.
Here is my list so far (you can tell where dosh has been going from this list - though not much of it in recent months!):
- Microsoft Office XP Pro (incl. Frontpage and Publisher) (upgrade version from previous freebie)
- SmartDraw Suite 7
- Mathtype 5 Equation Editor (plugin for Office and standalone version)
- Adobe Creative Suite CS2 Premium (Ed. version)
- Visual Studio 2005 Standard Ed (freebie) + MSDN Library (documentation)
- Finale 2006 Notation Music (upgrade from previous ed. version)
- NOD32 Anti Virus & Outpost Firewall Pro
- Sound Forge 8 + CD Architect 5.2 (upgrade from cheap version)
- Vegas 6 + DVD Architect 3 + free Boris plugins (upgrade from 4 year v. 3)
- Nero 7 Premium (just the burning apps - none of the extras)
- ACDSee Pro/FotoSlate/Foto Editor
Extra small utilities/essentials:
- Firefox (+ a few extensions)
- Directory Opus
- Creative Audigy related software
- Canon Scanner and Printer related software
- Yahoo & MSN Messengers (sorry gone off Miranda- I find the connections more stable with these clients and I don't use other protocols)
- Acronis TrueImage and DiscDirector
- POPfile + Outclass (spam filtering for Outlook)
- Surfulator + NetSnippets
OK it isn't exhaustive but it takes a lot of space!!!
How big is your fresh install?