ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Poor man's 'gallery view' in Screenshot Capture

<< < (2/4) > >>

mouser:
What might be useful for the search bar would be the ability to search subfolders and display appropriate images all in the same view but that's asking rather a lot.
--- End quote ---

yes, i was thinking this myself.  this is something a gallery view could be made to do.

cranioscopical:
What might be useful for the search bar would be the ability to search subfolders and display appropriate images all in the same view but that's asking rather a lot.
--- End quote ---

yes, i was thinking this myself.  this is something a gallery view could be made to do.
-mouser (September 06, 2013, 04:37 PM)
--- End quote ---
In that case, try to have it ready by tomorrow afternoon, would you?  :Thmbsup:  ;D  ;D  ;D

mouser:
I'm wondering if i add this if it should be basically an entirely independent new window that can be displayed.

The advantages of that would be:

* Better for users with multiple monitors, as it could be maximized on a separate monitor.
* Less complicated user-interface design work on my part.
Disadvantages:

* More annoying for single monitor users.
* Less intuitive.

cranioscopical:
In my household we'd have one vote for each, I'm afraid  ;D  :o  :-[

mouser:
So I've thought about this a bit more, some random thoughts:

* If I do it, i'd do it as a separate window, not shown within the main SC window.
* I might even do it as a standalone application that just knows how to tell SC to open an image and vice versa.
* Having said that, it's inconceivable that there aren't already good freeware image browser/searchers that are excellent and which people could use already with Screenshot Captor; it would be easy to configure this as a tool within SC.
* So, I guess i'm saying that with a little bit of work, one can already configure a free image gallery/browser/search tool to use with SC.  In fact I encourage people to find some good ones and we can make .sctool files for them to share make it trivial to use with SC.
* Having said that, there may still be some value in reinventing the wheel and creating a new minimalist image browser/search tool that comes bundled with SC, for convenience, and because it's not a hugely complicated task.
I welcome thoughts on existing free image browsers/searchers, and thoughts on whether it would be worth creating a new one.

As Cranioscopical said, a primary feature of this tool should be the ability to quickly see the recursive contents of folders and quickly search and filter, with rapidly adjustable thumbnail sizes and sort by different properties.  Another nice feature i was thinking might be nice would be the ability to specify a set of folders and have it show all thumbnails in all of those folders.  Any other features that would be useful for screenshot image browsing tool?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version