ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Poor man's 'gallery view' in Screenshot Capture

(1/4) > >>

cranioscopical:

Often, I read comments on DC from people doing things that seem perfectly obvious to them and yet are enlightening to me.  So, while I expect that many do already what I describe below, this feature of SC is so useful that I thought I'd mention it.

I refer to the fact that by setting the icon size for the left panel to the standard 96x96 and making the panel wider I get a pretty good 'gallery view' of whatever I want to look through. (The new search bar is an additional convenience.)

Poor man's 'gallery view' in Screenshot Capture

mouser:
Very cool, I'll bet very few people realize they can configure the thumbnail panel to show multiple columns.

I wonder if having a dedicated thumbnail viewing mode might also be useful..

tomos:
That is very helpful (I didnt know it) thanks Chris :up:

I wonder if having a dedicated thumbnail viewing mode might also be useful..
-mouser (September 06, 2013, 02:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm interested - but I'm not sure what you mean there.

mouser:
I'm interested - but I'm not sure what you mean there.
--- End quote ---

what i mean is a kind of Gallery mode that you could switch in and out of, which would basically just show a full page of thumbnails in a grid, for quick browsing, searching, deleting, etc.

cranioscopical:
what i mean is a kind of Gallery mode that you could switch in and out of, which would basically just show a full page of thumbnails in a grid, for quick browsing, searching, deleting, etc.
-mouser (September 06, 2013, 03:02 PM)
--- End quote ---
Probably, if it has an option for enlargement of whichever thumbnail is made 'active' either when using arrow keys to scroll the thumbnails or by pointing with the mouse.

The tiny drawback with using thumbnails for a 'gallery' is that that one can't scroll through all of them continuously with the arrow keys — only through each row or column. Mouse scrolling, however, is great as one just has to click to see the main image (which is especially good with AutoFit checked).

In my view, since SC is already so good at yielding a pseudo-gallery view, spending lots of time on 'improving' it might result in a beautifully gilded lily.

What might be useful for the search bar would be the ability to search subfolders and display appropriate images all in the same view but that's asking rather a lot.

Anyway, thanks very much for the recent improvements, SC goes from strength to strength!

Now, if only you could placate those cross hairs...  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version