ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Discussion about special ways to protect a PDF

<< < (3/4) > >>

Ath:
There is not any special protection system ?. By example that OCR don't go in a PDF.
 :-[
-Contro (September 06, 2013, 07:54 PM)
--- End quote ---
OCR can work off of screenshots, so there is no way to 'prevent' that.

def:
If you want to protect a PDF, you can try a DRM solution. DRM makes copying and/or editing a PDF somewhat harder, and some DRM implementations are even intended to prevent screenshots (so no OCR possible unless someone cracks/removes the DRM).

But I'm not sure from this thread if protecting a PDF is actually your goal.

Contro:
There is not any special protection system ?. By example that OCR don't go in a PDF.
 :-[
-Contro (September 06, 2013, 07:54 PM)
--- End quote ---
OCR can work off of screenshots, so there is no way to 'prevent' that.
-Ath (September 07, 2013, 03:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

Oh damn !!!!!!!. I suppose so.
 >:(

Contro:
If you want to protect a PDF, you can try a DRM solution. DRM makes copying and/or editing a PDF somewhat harder, and some DRM implementations are even intended to prevent screenshots (so no OCR possible unless someone cracks/removes the DRM).

But I'm not sure from this thread if protecting a PDF is actually your goal.
-def (September 07, 2013, 06:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

How is that ?
Running to the browser for DRM.
What the meaning ?
 :o

def:
I mean "Digital Rights Management" (DRM), i.e. copy protection. Many e-book vendors use it to protect books (although the term DRM is not restricted to e-books). There are several (incompatible) DRM schemes. Essentially, the PDF is encrypted and can only be viewed if the PDF creator allows it. To open a DRM protected PDF one needs a special PDF reader application (usually provided free of charge by the vendor that sells the DRM solution).

2 PDF DRM solutions (both prevent screenshots of a protected PDF):

Drumlin Security (free of charge, at least the last time I looked)
LockLizard (very expensive)

No idea if this is what you're looking for.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version