ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: meter my bandwidth during specific daily interval each month

<< < (2/4) > >>

nudone:
thanks for the link, Cpilot.

the problem is with the current bandwidth meters is that they monitor the whole period that the computer is online.

i need it to monitor between specific hours - outside of those hours i can download/upload an unlimited amount without penalities from my isp.

maybe instead of writing a little program to do what i originally asked for, i only need a util that will turn on a typical bandwidth monitor at a specific time - and then turn it off at a later set time each day. providing the bandwidth monitor keeps a running total it would work the same as my original request.  :)

any suggestions for a little util to run other apps by specified times?

thanks again...

edit:

just tried 'ShaPlus Bandwidth Meter' - very buggy on my system: strange output and won't unlock itself from its screen position.

Cpilot:
just tried 'ShaPlus Bandwidth Meter' - very buggy on my system: strange output and won't unlock itself from its screen position.
--- End quote ---

Well it was a stab in the dark.

Let me do some research.  :drinksmiley:

What OS do you have?

brotherS:
the problem is with the current bandwidth meters is that they monitor the whole period that the computer is online.

i need it to monitor between specific hours - outside of those hours i can download/upload an unlimited amount without penalities from my isp.

maybe instead of writing a little program to do what i originally asked for, i only need a util that will turn on a typical bandwidth monitor at a specific time - and then turn it off at a later set time each day. providing the bandwidth monitor keeps a running total it would work the same as my original request.  :)

any suggestions for a little util to run other apps by specified times?
-nudone (May 12, 2006, 01:20 AM)
--- End quote ---
Hi nudone,

you need to get NetMeter! It's an excellent free tool with a 4.8/5 FF/BN rating! Get it at http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/NetMeter/1058844763/1

If you can't find an app to run it only while your ISP makes you suffer, AHK would be a possible solution for that problem.

nudone:
thanks for the suggestion, i've used 'netmeter' in the past but i'll try it again and see if it has the cumulative bandwidth feature i'm after.

brotherS:
thanks for the suggestion, i've used 'netmeter' in the past but i'll try it again and see if it has the cumulative bandwidth feature i'm after.
-nudone (May 12, 2006, 07:34 AM)
--- End quote ---
It does. Just right-click its GUI or tray icon --> Totals --> Monthly Reports

:)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version