ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: meter my bandwidth during specific daily interval each month

<< < (4/4)

mouser:
skrommel that looks very useful.

standard reminder:
DonationCredits were created so you can support people on the site who are creating content, including articles, programs, posts, etc.  Let's all remember to send some credits when we see someone doing something we want to show support for.

IQLover:
Hi cpilot,

I downloaded the free ShaPlus Bandwidth Meter, but I don`t think that it is very useful since I couldn`t find an option to RESET the measured values!!!

Regards
Arturo

Carol Haynes:
the download/upload limit that is set on my account at the moment is 30 gig max (email warnings are sent at 24 gig). this isn't so terrible as i can download things through the night without any bandwidth restrictions but i have once exceeded their 30 gig limit and don't really want to do it again - they will expect me to upgrade my account - i pay £23 a month already so it's not on the cheap side here in the UK.
-nudone (May 11, 2006, 04:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm amazed  - what on earth are you downloading ?? I have a 40Gb bandwidth account and never managed to get close and I thought I was getting pretty bad (there seems to be something downloading a lot of the time on my system!).

Carol Haynes:
You could use DUMeter (www.dumeter.com) which is a download and upload monitor. You can set it to give you a warning when a certain amount has been transferred (up, down or both) this day, week, month so by using a scheduler to start the program at the right time it could warn you when your bandwidth restriction is looming. Only drawback is it $19.95

(Sorry just noticed someone else has already mentioned this - I have only read this thread today and skipped through it)

nudone:
my isp has now changed the 'peak time' interval so now i just need to monitor my bandwidth between 4pm and 12 midnight. they provide a webpage that displays my current usage - with amounts broken down between what types of network traffic it is, so i don't really need a special util anymore to monitor things.

i sometimes don't download anything at all - the most i think in one month was 80 gig. sometimes i just get the urge to download everything i can find (to justify to myself what i pay my isp). it's easy to get the gig downloads going when you download tv series and game demos/videos, etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version