topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 23, 2024, 8:33 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Oxygen 13 lock screen battery percentage during charge?  (Read 5490 times)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I have Battery Screensaver which showed the battery charge during recharge on the lock screen.  It worked great up to Android 11.  I got a new phone with Oxygen 13 and apparently nobody has a way of doing this.  You have to tap the lock screen to see the awake screen and read the tiny status bar percentage.  Then it reverts to black.  I am hesitant to just leave it on the home screen to watch it charge since my phone would be unlocked.  Besides, this should be simple.  Why is it impossible?   :tellme:

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Oxygen 13 lock screen battery percentage during charge?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2023, 04:01 PM »
Well, I got as far as Developer Options->Do not shut off screen while charging.

So if I plug the charger in while on lock screen the charging animation shows with percentage charge.. for 5 seconds.  It is still there running but so dim I cannot see it.  So I have to tap the screen every time I want to know the percentage charge.  I see lots of phone owners complaining about this but apparently you need to buy a flagship phone for this stuff to work.  Really?

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2023, 05:45 PM »
So if I plug the charger in while on lock screen the charging animation shows with percentage charge.. for 5 seconds.  It is still there running but so dim I cannot see it.  So I have to tap the screen every time I want to know the percentage charge.

You're lucky. When I plug in my phone, the screen gets so dim I can't see it and I think it's turned off. If I think it's off and press the power button to see the screen, that actually turns it off. But if I remember that it's on and just touch the screen, that also turns it off for some reason... So either way I usually have to press the power button at least once to get the screen to turn on bright enough to see it.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2023, 08:39 PM »
So if I plug the charger in while on lock screen the charging animation shows with percentage charge.. for 5 seconds.  It is still there running but so dim I cannot see it.  So I have to tap the screen every time I want to know the percentage charge.

You're lucky. When I plug in my phone, the screen gets so dim I can't see it and I think it's turned off. If I think it's off and press the power button to see the screen, that actually turns it off. But if I remember that it's on and just touch the screen, that also turns it off for some reason... So either way I usually have to press the power button at least once to get the screen to turn on bright enough to see it.

My previous phone would work with Battery Screensaver app.  After trial and error I got it working.  But it seems there is no screen saver mechanism now that they are doing this "always on" stuff.  When I run that app it just goes white because it can't find a screen saver I guess.  You would think a basic funtion like charging while locked would be much simpler to use.

On the tap turning your screen off look in Developer Settings and see if there is a "tap to toggle screen on and off" or something similar.

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2023, 12:07 AM »
Could try wandering through the wonderful world of hidden menus and see what's available:
https://technastic.c...des-hidden-settings/