topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:50 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Modification request_change some toolbar icons that are nearly identical  (Read 2789 times)

cathie28

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Possible to change several side toolbar icons that are almost identical?  Free icons are available lots of places.
Ex.:  Resize Image & Resize Image to Preset ... are same the same icon.

Possible to change color of several others - almost same color as toolbar background color (Vista Basic theme) and / or are very similar to each other?
Don't want to use Vista Classic / Standard.  Anyway, wouldn't solve issue of icons looking very similar.

Never found a way to alter SSC toolbar background.

Possible to add option to have text beside icons, since so many look very similar & / or are close to background color?

Possible to get icon(s) for some commonly used functions, like Redo, added to icon list?  Some that I've never used have toolbar icons, but not a redo?  Probably others.

Thanks.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Having some more differentiated icons is not a bad idea.. I might ask dc member Hamradio to look into it -- he has made a bunch of really great icons for SC.
If you find any good 16x16 free icons you think are better for something specific, let me know.

cathie28

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
You can make them, or there are lots of free, non copy righted icons, from a lot of sources.  I've spoken to Fx theme devs - finding free icons isn't much of a problem.  I've easily found many to choose from, to modify the Fx native theme.

Don't HAVE to be unique - most apps' toolbar icons aren't unique.  Even some of existing ones might work better if color was added.
But ones that are, or almost identical need changing or modification; preferably in a way that at least "sort of" conveys its function.