topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 4:14 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: CAPshift and Windows 7  (Read 10509 times)

Kruskal

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
CAPshift and Windows 7
« on: August 25, 2013, 11:26 PM »
I think this might be a better forum than I chose at first.

CAPshift doesn't seem to work in Windows 7.  All the stuff in the menu that operates on the selected text does nothing.

Is this well know?

Thanks -- Vincent

Kruskal

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: CAPshift and Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 01:49 AM »
I think this might be a better forum than I chose at first.

CAPshift doesn't seem to work in Windows 7.  All the stuff in the menu that operates on the selected text does nothing.

Is this well know?

Thanks -- Vincent
I also note that holding Insert until Insert mode is turned off (it says), it still is in Insert mode

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 08:44 AM »
Hi Vincent,

I have had the same experience myself where a coding snack no longer works.

I'm afraid that some of the older coding snacks were written before the advent of W7. Changes to the O/S will have broken those particular items. Since many users still employ older systems I assume that those 'snacks' remain for their benefit. You could try posting a request for someone to rewrite this item, always assuming that the functions are still available for manipulation.

Sorry that this one doesn't work for you but at least you now know that it's not an issue for you alone.

There is a lot more free material available that will work for you.  I hope you can have fun with some of that.

Kruskal

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 01:15 PM »
Hi Vincent,

I have had the same experience myself where a coding snack no longer works.

I'm afraid that some of the older coding snacks were written before the advent of W7. Changes to the O/S will have broken those particular items. Since many users still employ older systems I assume that those 'snacks' remain for their benefit. You could try posting a request for someone to rewrite this item, always assuming that the functions are still available for manipulation.

Sorry that this one doesn't work for you but at least you now know that it's not an issue for you alone.

There is a lot more free material available that will work for you.  I hope you can have fun with some of that.

-cranioscopical (August 26, 2013, 08:44 AM)
You are not saying that anyone else has had this problem with CAPshift, in particular, right?

What is the appropriate forum to place a request for someone to look into this?

Thanks -- Vincent

Ampa

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • I am cute ;)
    • View Profile
    • MonkeyDash - 2 Player strategy boardgame
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 04:12 PM »
Hey Kruskal, just tried CAPshift on Win7 and confirm that it doesn't seem to work as intended.

The script doesn't seem to copy the selected text to the clipboard, but rather applies the requested operation (eg all CAPS) to the current contents of the clipboard.

It might be quite easy to fix for someone who is current with the AHK language (not me).

UPDATE: On a whim I tried running the script (as opposed to the pre-compiled exe file) and it worked just fine. I suggest you download the script and either use that or compile a new exe yourself, then all should be well.

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 04:19 PM »
I see you've had a suggestion that might help you  :)

Depending on what you want to do, this topic also might be helpful to you (click here)