ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: change system volume to a desired level (like 20% OR 30%) on system start.

<< < (2/4) > >>

MilesAhead:

I would like an application that would change system volume to a desired level (like 20% OR 30%) on system startup.
and bring up a window telling me it did that and enable to easily change to another level.

thanks
-thecensor (August 24, 2013, 08:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm just curious.  Are you running XP?  I ask because I looked at a few functions of scripting languages(autohotkey and autoit) and they noted there is no global volume call for Vista and later in either.

c.gingerich:
I have tested it on XP, Win 7, and Win 8 64bit. Works on all 3.  :Thmbsup:

MilesAhead:
I have tested it on XP, Win 7, and Win 8 64bit. Works on all 3.  :Thmbsup:
-c.gingerich (August 24, 2013, 02:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

I take it you used a different programming language?  Or you came up with your own work-around?  I'm just curious because I don't have a laptop yet so I can start programming again.  Right now I'm stuck on public library machines.  I can't even right click a link, nevermind open Control Panel or (gasp) change a setting!!  Geez!!!  :)

skwire:
@MilesAhead: The more recent AHK builds can do global volume control in Vista/W7.

4wd:
There's also a UDF available for AutoIt.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version