ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Change (sub) folder(s) date based on newest/oldest file in the folder

<< < (14/32) > >>

4wd:
Are you still considering this?-dcwul62 (October 20, 2013, 09:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

Still thinking about it - I had thoughts about the interface but have been a bit busy around the property, (bushfire season coming up :) ).

dcwul62:

Ah yeah, take good care of yourself! More important than some file attribute changer  :)

The bushfires in Queensland are on tv here. Seems to be the biggest ones in 40 years, they say.
Looks like they are a yearly occurrence, but started early this time. Queensland is pretty hot (37 degr c I think)
Where you live (at least are Scoresby) daytime temperature is about 18-20 I think.

=

4wd:
The bushfires in Queensland are on tv here. Seems to be the biggest ones in 40 years, they say.-dcwul62 (October 21, 2013, 01:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think you mean New South Wales: Emergency Info NSW

Where you live (at least are Scoresby) daytime temperature is about 18-20 I think.
--- End quote ---

That's my ISP interconnect probably, I'm in the Dandenong Rangesw - one of Victoria's bushfire prone areas.

4wd:
Just playing around with the GUI atm:

dcwul62:
Hi 4wd - up front - I am really sorry to get back to you only now.
This is because, one way or the other, I did not get a notification of your last post.
So I still had in mind your:  "Still thinking about it" (oct.21) and all the bushfires out there - so I assumed the idea gradually kind of moved downwards on your 'prioritylist' so to say.
Today, I thought I would check your ideas on this and noticed that you started out developing GUI already!

Did you think of a name? Something like the "Ultimate Attribute Changer"   (UAC)  :) :)

There are a lot of attribute changers out there, but product X is missing things product Y is offering, v.v.

Examples
a. a GUI that shows current dates (created/modified/last accessed) and preview of changes before applying
b. an easy way to synchronize dates after created, or modified, or last accessed
c. a randomize dates option: so, you can updated modified dates with randomized dates and times using  a certain period
d. add your update folderdates of course
e. add date-time (userdefined format) to filenames (not really a 'attribute changer'-thing, but maybe it can be added)
f. update modified dates after dates  or  dates/times  in filename  (a difficult one, I know, am not sure if it is possible, there are a lot of combinations)

Maybe also add
- option to simulate?
and/or
- log changes, so users can easily 'undo' changes

Keep up the good work!

=

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version