ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Change (sub) folder(s) date based on newest/oldest file in the folder

<< < (12/32) > >>

4wd:
Haven't forgotten this, just busy with other things.

Explorer version works, rather than have a save button it just saves/reloads the last configuration used.

Probably get it done in about a week - off the Sydney to watch the RAN 100th anniversary.  :)

dcwul62:
@4wd - sorry for the late reply.
Q: where can I find the latest version of this tool?

2nd Q: would it be possible to update
Created/Modified/Last Accessed date of a file, in 1 step, based on the oldest date of the three.

Example
filexyz.jpg has a created date 01-06-2013
modified date: 01-07-2013
last accessed date: 01-07-2013

(dd-mm-yyyy)

Now, in 1 go, redate all to 01-06-2013

=

=

4wd:
@4wd - sorry for the late reply.
Q: where can I find the latest version of this tool?-dcwul62 (October 09, 2013, 10:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

When it's finished, I've got the Explorer version done, still got to do the file manager version, (for DOpus, etc) - just have to stop playing Borderlands 2 long enough to do it  ;)

2nd Q: would it be possible to update
Created/Modified/Last Accessed date of a file, in 1 step, based on the oldest date of the three.

--- End quote ---

Err...the program updates Folder dates based on the oldest/newest file date within that folder - so I'm not sure what you're after here.

dcwul62:
Yes, you are right - folder based. I was a bit 'hoping' it would also handle files  ;)
And
Yes.. I agree, that has nót been the intention, from the start, so, this is by  no   means meant as criticism!
Don't get me wrong, okay?

I wonder, would you not be interested in 'evolving' ('expanding')  your tool to a complete attribute changer?
A kind of "File&Folder Attribute Changer" or something like that.

Just asking...

a) (mass) redate selected files created/modified/last accessed date according to the oldest date in the properties
b) (mass) redate selected files created/modified/last accessed date as per EXIF
c) (mass) redate selected files created/modified/last accessed from date from filenames
d) (mass) update selected files attributes

Up front: IF, rpt IF... item (a) is at all possible (I really don't know).

I have looked around and found many 'Attribute Changers', but none of them are really complete, meaning to say that
they can do all above and also update folder timestamp, which setfoldate can right now.

Anyway, it is just an idea.

Am using setfoldate (from within Opus) very often!
=

4wd:
So something like BulkFileChanger with a couple of extras.

Item (a) is easy since AutoIt quite correctly uses universal date/time format when fetching file/folder dates which means the oldest date/time is always the lowest number - which makes comparisons rather easy: If A < B Then UseA()

(b) EXIF data is easy.

(c) would be the most fiddly, since only sane people, (like myself), use universal date in filenames it involves incorporating a bit of filename matching - and RegEx is the easiest for that.  The caveat being no one wants to learn how to use RegEx thus making the programmers job a bit harder.  But when the user is given a choice between RegEx or nothing ...  ;)

(d) Attributes are easy.

All-in-all, the functions behind the GUI are reasonably easy - the hardest part will be the GUI and all its fiddly crap  ;D

I'll look into it but don't expect anything anytime soon as I expect to be going interstate for a month or more RSN.

EDIT: SetFolDate 0.3.1.0 is up there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version