ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Change (sub) folder(s) date based on newest/oldest file in the folder

<< < (5/32) > >>

dcwul62:

Many thanks for all the good work you are doing!

Skrell:
This looks REALLY cool!  Can it do subfolders too?   

4wd:
This looks REALLY cool!  Can it do subfolders too?-Skrell (August 28, 2013, 02:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

No, it doesn't recurse.

ATM, I'm just working on getting it to work with multiple selected folders, (which will be if it's called from DOpus only - or possibly other filemanagers, depends if they can pass the same args).

I am thinking of a recurse option, maybe I'll start from scratch.

EDIT: I just realised that I can get the selected items from Windows Explorer - I did it in another script - back to the drawing board.

dcwul62:
@skrell, coincidentally... I was think about the subfolders too!  :)

In fact, actually I had drafted a post, but whilst doing so I realised that it would be much too complicated and the script would have to be re-written from scratch.
Something I did not dare to ask.

Below was/is the DRAFT I wrote, but, again, I did not complete/send it, because as said too complex (I guess)

--- Code: Text ---//Hi 4WD, Just curious to know... Maybe a strange question, maybe impossible, I really have no idea... Probably impossible/too complicated/whatever, in that case forget it. Imagine following situation x:\rootfolder  (no files)x:\rootfolder\subfolder1\                        -> (contains files)x:\rootfolder\subfolder1\subfolder2\             -> (contains files)x:\rootfolder\subfolder1\subfolder2\subfolder3\  -> (contains files) In the tree (left) you select rootfolder, so in the right window panel subfolder1 shows up.Now in the right window panel you select subfolder1 and adjust timestamp.The script should check if a subfolder exists, if so, if another subfolder exists, and so.//
Ah well, of course, I leave this in hands of  4WD... it is for him to decide.

=

4wd:
In the works, now got Explorer multi-select working, (which was easier than I thought), so it only runs a single instance now, (no multiple open windows).

Still to do:
1) Get it to work out whether it's run from Explorer or something else, (mostly worked out)
2) Recurse
3) Execute All

This thread probably should be in Coding Snacks, one of the mods like to move it there?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version