ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Change (sub) folder(s) date based on newest/oldest file in the folder

<< < (11/32) > >>

tomos:
^Great job, thanks :Thmbsup:

I linked to app and instructions in the dopus thread: Configuring Directory Opus for Fun and Profit

Minor correction to the text dcwul62 (with apologies for pestering you!):

7. Enter title: Adjust Timestamp (A),
click on Drop down menu (B)
select "Run an Opus function (not supported in Explorer), (C)
click on "OK" (D)
--- End quote ---

B/C are incorrect (both are B there - C is actually missing). It should read:

7. Enter title: Adjust Timestamp (A),
click on Drop down menu & select "Run an Opus function (not supported in Explorer), (B)
click on Commands and select Adjust Timestamp (C)
click on "OK" (D)

dcwul62:

Yep, corrected.. thanks.
The button thing is much easier though. Ws not aware of the possibility.
=

4wd:
frankly . . . I did not know about this...
this is, or course, much easier!  :Thmbsup:-dcwul62 (September 06, 2013, 03:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well someone wanted a context menu and at the time I didn't know they were using DOpus - so it just continued that way.  :)

I've been having a play with VB 2010, there's a nice example of a context menu handler since only one executable would be required then ... but definitely don't hold your breath since the BASIC I learnt bears no resemblance to this thing.

dcwul62:
@4wd

Just want to say: I am very happy with the tool/button.

I have used this numerous times already. It is really great!
Frankly, I think there is nothing much to improve really.

Maybe, maybe . . . just one minor 'tweak' - although it could be difficult to implement.

Personally, in 99% of the cases, I always redate after newest file in the folder.
Actually, I've never used renaming after the oldest except for testing purposes only.

The button (or context menu), works fine right now.
If you donot wish to make any changes, believe me, I understand. Then forget the below.

Still curious...?? :D

Then I have two suggestions:

1) when updating folder date, would it not be possible to:
a) update two or all dates at the same time?  
e.g. modified/created, or 'all'  
(at least often modified/created go 'hand-in-hand', i.e. they are both about the same date)

2) have a kind of default setting added  
This to come up when clicking on the button and no(!) folders are selected.
Right now, when clicking on the button and NO folders are selected... nothing happens - rightfully so.

Maybe in thát case
a) the button-window to pup up - with greyed out [Exec All] [Exec]-buttons
b) users can then 'set' things (e.g. select 'All' and 'Newest')  and click on 'save' so those are then 'defaulted'
c) in future when redating there the pop-up window will not appear anymore, i.e. folder is redated as per settings.

BUT.. again, maybe this is too complicated, in which case, drop the idea... okay?

=

=

4wd:
Maybe in thát case
a) the button-window to pup up - with greyed out [Exec All] [Exec]-buttons
b) users can then 'set' things (e.g. select 'All' and 'Newest')  and click on 'save' so those are then 'defaulted'
c) in future when redating there the pop-up window will not appear anymore, i.e. folder is redated as per settings.-dcwul62 (September 13, 2013, 02:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

Rather than add All, I'll just change the radio buttons to checkboxes and let you select whatever combination you want.

I wondered how long it would take for someone to ask for a Save button  ;D

I'll see what I can do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version