ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Nineteen Eighty-Four (Orwell) vs. Brave New World (Huxley)

(1/1)

Renegade:
I think a lot of people here will appreciate this. (My guess is that most people have read these, or are at least fairly familiar with these classics.)

http://theliterarysnob.tumblr.com/post/7484768452/nineteen-eighty-four-orwell-vs-brave-new-world

It's all done in images/graphics, so just follow the link. It's a very good portrait of the two in contrast.

You can well imagine how "Idiocracy" is closer to the "Brave New World" picture, especially in light of the contrasts painted there.

TaoPhoenix:

Well, in a battle of the "scariness", we're seeing parts of both, but we can and are surviving the Huxley "noise" concern better. Because while it's an easy mistake to make, Huxley missed the "sanity of (certain) crowds" aggregating and filtering good stuff just like this thread here.

So yes, I like my TV as much as anyone, but then when I "feel like being smart" it only takes five minutes to find something important to look at. Whereas Censorship is tougher because it's being actively hidden, and takes much more work to get at.

IainB:
It's been posted on DCF before:

Nineteen Eighty-Four (Orwell) vs. Brave New World (Huxley)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version