ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Interesting "stuff"

<< < (218/441) > >>

TaoPhoenix:
The social skills of a thermonuclear device
-Arizona Hot (December 18, 2015, 02:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

Some of this series of blog threads makes me sad.

I'm learning I'm quirky with a quirky setup, but I do try to figure partial stuff out when I ask stuff.

So brusque answers are tough enough on me, as is RTFM types of things. I usually at least poke at the incomprehensible thingie, otherwise I might have found my own workaround.

The fundamental clash of ReadDocs vs AskPerson is the Docs are linear and the user has no idea what his problem is, and likely won't know 13 pages later. Person (if user guessed well) might very well know, and is weighing "whose time is more important and why". No easy answers and "every group of people is part of cultures".

But then this one caught my eye:
(Paraphrased)

"I'm a good speller. When I want to show impatience, I purposely type fast and intentionally leave the spelling errors in."

That level of mind game is something I'm not equipped to handle in any fashion, which usually starts with me having no idea I'm making someone blow their top. Then they do, then they won't talk to me, then I can't fix it.
:(

Arizona Hot:
Interesting "stuff"

17 wild uses for your old Android smartphone

Interesting "stuff"

Ashley Madison membership swells following hack

Arizona Hot:
Interesting "stuff"

Electrician cuts wrong wire and downs 25,000 square foot data centre • The Register

Interesting "stuff"

Kaspersky claims to have found NSA's 'space station malware' • The Register

Arizona Hot:
Interesting "stuff"

North Korean operating system is a surveillance state's tour de force • The Register

Interesting "stuff"

You can’t win Mark Zuckerberg’s money on Facebook, the Internet’s hoax paradise

Arizona Hot:

Wired's Top Five Security Stories of 2015 - YouTube

Real Burning Lightsaber - YouTube

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version